September 17, 2019

Credit cards are gone

Several years ago we used credit cards to make our payments. I remember the badges: Visa, Mastercard, AmericanExpress, among others. Our kids don't even know what a credit card is, this is unbelievable.
I like technology, i really do. I like the fact that you don't even have to take your cellphone out of your pocket to check out of a drugstore, for example. Everything is made via bluetooth: the system connects to your cellphone, check your OpenID, and then it makes the necessary tasks on your account. If you're not carrying your phone, you can simply say your password, and the voice recognition system takes charge of everything else.

All of this was supposed to be good, to make our lives easier, but it isn't, it doesn't. From today on, my favorite supermarket is accepting cash only. The manager said they can't trust the online system anymore, since all sorts of connections have leaks, and therefore aren't secure anymore.
I wonder if the 2012 stock market crash was caused by one of these leaks. No explanation has been given until now.

That's why i always kept my money under the matress. I never trusted the system, and i never will.

1 comment:

Superstructure said...

Yeah, those were the days man !
You can locate me on Maelstrom via [http://superstructure.tumblr.com/] if you have access at the moment.

We might be able to trade PoP lists or other non-tangibles, as I think you're two far away for real-world barter.