September 14, 2019

Foreword

Before anything else, i'd like to introduce myself.
My full name is Jorge Augusto Guberte. I was born in São Paulo, Brazil, in December 23rd, 1983. I'm almost 35 years old now.
I have 2 kids. My son is 8 years old, and my daughter is 3. I've been married for exactly 9 years.
Before my kids were born my mother used to say: "Don't have kids, please! I'll not take care of them for you. Plus, they'll grow up in a twisted environment, especially here in the city".

That's exactly why we're moving outta town. We can't take it here anymore. Seeing your kids wearing gas-masks so they can breath when going to school isn't quite pleasing. Wearing a gas-mask yourself isn't pleasing either, but we have too.
The air here is polluted, and by polluted i mean "almost non-breathable". The city has been overwhelmed by cars for such a long time. Can you imagine that? Years and years the atmosphere has been infected by a wicked smoke. During the sunrises, every single morning, we can see a green halo on the horizon, due to pollution. It is very beautiful, but it is totally unhealthy.
Plus, the rivers here can't be called rivers anymore. They're like sewers...no, no, they ARE sewers, but the government insists on calling them "rivers".

I just went to the kitchen to get some coffee. They sell coffee at the supermarket, but not like 10 years ago, when we could make coffee at home. The coffee now comes ready, and you only need to put inside the microwave, hit the "coffee" button, wait for the beeps, and there you go. A smokey and flavourish coffee. Isn't that nice?! Life is much easier now.
But hey, we wouldn't be able to make coffee at home anyway, since the water coming in is undrinkable. I don't know what happened, but it happened.

By the way, i'll post some data regarding to the population here. Seems to me that the city's population shrunk lately. The government makes up this kind of data, so i can have a hard time finding it, but i have some reliable sources.

See you next time i get a decent internet connection, friendly reader. Things are starting to get pretty bad here. High bills, crappy services.
I'll definitely move from here. I just don't know where to.

No comments: