October 30, 2019

Internet Breakdown in Brazil

I don't know exactly what happened, because the brazilian government says nothing about it. Fact is: Internet in Brazil got down for more than a week. Every kind of online activity got affected by the major breakdown. Some people say it was some sort of problem in the major brazilian ISP equipments, and some other say the breakdown was caused by a group of hacktivists.
Anyway...almost everything is made through the Internet. Money withdrawals, shopping, medical appointments, television, telephony, and so on.
The breakdown directly affected me. I use the 'net all day long at work. So, i lost some jobs because of the breakdown, and i'm not happy about that, not at all.
I felt what being a digital orphan is like. The connections aren't good yet, but at least they're up again. I hope it's not too late.

No comments: