October 13, 2019

Lil' Devils Ruined our Garden

I live in a condominium, an apartment building, with 19 other families. Almost all of us have kids...little kids, teenagers, some young adults. But the kids from the apartment 22 are true devils.
3 little devils, who already broke some windows when they were playing ball at the playground, they mistreated some cats and yesterday they ruined our garden.
I say our garden because the garden is collective, it belongs to everyone in the building. We all pay for it, and those of us who are into gardening - myself, for example - take care of the garden; but everyone in the condo is allowed to grab veggies from our garden, even if they don't collaborate with the expenses.

The bell rang, and a neighbor -- who's also a good friend of mine -- had a desperate look in his face. Right away i thought that somebody was dead, or that something really really bad had happened.

-- The devils! The effing devils ruined the garden. I'm gonna kill them, i will, i swear to god that i'm gonna kill the little bastards.
-- Woot!? Wa...wait.....what do you mean "they ruined the garden"? What happened??
-- You sure you wanna hear?
-- Crap, shoot!
-- Someone forgot a hoe down there. The bastards saw it, and decided they were gonna play in the garden. It's a mess...no, no...it's more than a mess. It's pure mud, man, you gotta see it for yourself, c'mon.

They neighbor grabbed me by my sleeves and threw me into the elevator. He was sweating like a pig, and i must admit: his face was hilarious! I held onto my shoes not to histerically laugh that moment. Haha.
When we got to the ground i could feel the smell of fresh earth. We got out of the lobby and then i saw the worst scene ever: our garden; ruined.
I lost my breath right away, and then i understood the neighbor's despair.

What are we gonna do now? The garden was like our secondary food source, but we relied on it when our monthly money was almost over. In fact, some families were feeding themselves exclusively from the garden.

The little devils broke our food chain. I'm gonna break their video-game. I will, i swear.

2 comments:

megiddo Tel said...

Oh wow...

Sorry about the garden. You could take a couple of approaches, one you could include them in the gardening activities, or two remove them from the food chain.

At this point in time I would be hard pressed to recommend one over the other :)

tomm2019 said...

I totally understand, a couple of weeks ago we had the same thing happen. To make you feel better at least you know who did it. You'll be pissed but don't let it keep you down. By the way is it a outdoor garden or enclosed?